Sunday 7 March 2010

A little scotch.



Managed to fit in 3 breakfast rides this week as I have been travelling around the country. The highlight was definitely Friday. I was staying just outside of Glasgow and headed off towards the Campsie Fells at 6.45am and they looked awesome, hence the pics. The snow was still really deep on the fell itself but the road over it was dry and clear, although well gritted to keep it clear.
The first pic shows the sun rising over the trees on top of the fell. It was incredibly peaceful with hardly any traffic and I could have stayed up there for hours enjoying the scenery but had to force myself to turn back to catch breakfast and start work. The second pic shows the road itself across the fell.
Across the three rides I got in over 79 miles and was looking forward to a day off cycling on Saturday to go out with the family.
I was hoping to get in a 100 mile ride on Sunday but had not noticed that Everton had scheduled a game against Hull (5:1 win despite missing a penalty). I went out at 7.30am to get some miles in, met the club at 9.00 and rode with them to Preston but had to turn around and head back. Actually met the clubs B group out on the road and rode with them for a while until they headed for the cafe. I carried on, determined to get in as many miles as I could, also threw in a couple of hills and managed 90 miles. With another 40 minutes I could have got the 100 miles but it would have been stressful trying to get out to the match. Another good week, 170 miles in the bank. Off to Ireland this week, hoping to get in a ride there, after Scotland that would only leave me with a ride in Wales to complete my 4 Nations training!

No comments:

Post a Comment