Friday 19 February 2010

Parking tickets, secret bunkers.....


Arranged to visit Middleton Cycles for a photo opportunity, arrived with my kit underneath an overcoat, all ready for a quick snapshot and then away. The shop was busy but Matt and Paul finally kicked them out and we posed outside. Pleased with myself I set off back to the car park and realised I was 30 minutes over the time I had paid for. A traffic warden was checking cars as I arrived so I feared the worst. Sure enough, as I got close to the car I could see through from the back to something white at the bottom of the windscreen. When I got to the front I have never been so pleased to see two huge dollops of bird sh*t!

Still a bit sore from last weeks crash so did not get out on Tuesday. Took my bike away as I was travelling a lot of the week and went out for a ride before breakfast on Thursday. Afraid I can't tell you were I went as I came across this top secret nuclear bunker. If I tell you where it was I would have to arrange for 6 Mossad agents, travelling under forged British Passports to pay you a visit for 'a game of tennis' if you get my meaning. Managed to get in 24 miles before double helpings of Oatso Simple and a Latte at the nearest MacDonalds. The snow has returned this week, hoping it does not spoil the weekends training rides.

Got out early Saturday morning for 3 hours before the highlight of the weekend, excuse me going off message here, Everton 3 Man Utd 1. Fantastic result with the worlds best player kept in Heitinga's pocket. Snow fell over night so no long run on Sunday, spend an hour on the turbo trainer in the garage going nowhere. Short on miles this week, hoping for better weather next week.

1 comment:

  1. Gutted Steve. Up at 7 and pulled the curtains open to a blanket of snow. My turbo session is later, I can't wait to go nowhere fast. Still on a high after the game yesterday. Today gives me a bit of time to carry on planning our route and prep for back to work tomorrow (half tem has only seen 3 rides). Off to MK next week to hopefully get two rides in. But see you the week after.

    ReplyDelete