Tuesday 25 May 2010

Day 6 of the ride


Met up at the shop in Ormskirk at 9am, very pleased with the turnout. Alex and the Pirate were there yo wish me well. The General. Pete M , and Ian H all rode North with me. It had been a strange feeling leaving home again but the guys at the shop raised my moral.Pete ant the General only had an hour or so free so we went to a cafe at Brepherton for an early cuppa before they had to turn around. Ian and I carried on to the cafe at Scorton for the first cake of the day. It was a good ride out and the temperature picked up. After the stop I headed north and Ian went home.I hope I have convinced more people to have a go at the end to end. I planned to stop in Kendal but decided to carry on when I got there. The next stop was Penrith but only after climbing Shap Fell. A big old climb with at least one summit which fooled me into thinking I was over it, but I wasn't it descended and climbed again. The run to Penrith felt like a long one, should have taken on coffee and cake at Kendal. When I got there everything was shut apart from Morrisons. The store was being rebuilt so was housed in a temporary marquee. The best I could find was carrot cake, soreen and water. All consumed on a bench outside. The sat nav stopped giving me directions after Penrith and part of the route disappeared. Hope its ok tommorrow. Big day today, big days now all the way to the end. 120miles, 15.5 average, 7hrs 45, 4900ft of climbing. Of to Scotland in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment