Saturday 22 May 2010

Day 3 of the Ride


Into the unknown, first time I have ridden more than 2 days on the run. Felt pretty good this morning, could feel the miles in my legs during the day but went well. Sat-nav had me on a busy dual carriageway so broke out the map and ended up at RNAS Yeovilton. Next to it was the Fleet Air Arm Museum so sat outside in the sun with the days first coffee and cake. The guy in the picture got chatting, Al who has been in the servoce 30 years, helicopter pilot & instructor. His daughter was visiting the museum and he was due to start work. He was todays first sponsor too, a pleasure to meet him. Had another stop in Frome, apparently pronounced Froome. I am definitely in the right pace for this ride now. The main reason for todays route was to visit Wootton Bassett. I ended up going past RAF Lyneham so I guess I followed the same route into Wootton Bassett as the repatriated servicemen. Definitely made me think. Visited the war memorial in the town and found it very emotional, sat down nearby to have a quiet moment. Glad I made the visit to pay my respects. Headed off to tonights stop at a cottage on a farm near Malmesbury. Too far to walk to the pub though but the owners were going for Chinese takeaway so got me one. Another good day on the road. Todays numbers 93m, 5hr 55min, 15.8 av mph, 3667ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment