Tuesday 25 May 2010

Day 7 of the ride

Yesterday was the toughest day of the ride.Feeling a lot more positive again today.Rode with my first other end to enders before and after Dumfries and shared a cafe stop with them. Made another cafe stop 2 hours later on my own, got my 1st donation of the day and set off up the road.20 mins later stopped at the side of the road for a minute, noticed a car reverse back up toward me. When driver got out realised it was the guy from the last cafe. He produced my maps that I had left lying on the cafe table.Stopped 2 hours later at the pub for a coffee. Headed on to Stevenston for tonights stop. Another 115 miles, 7hrs 11 min, ave 16, 4500ft of climbing. Back on form today.Struggling with technology and can't send my photo's at the moment. Starting to get excited about reaching the end.( New shorts allowed sun through and I,ve now got sunburn stripes on my rear!)

1 comment:

  1. Dig in Steve, you are doing well. Hope that huge grin is returning as you reach stunning scenery.

    ReplyDelete